Monday, November 22, 2010

Ahhh Space Bags! Where have you been all of my life?

Anyone who has ever traveled with more than one small child can appreciate how precious suitcase space is. For us it is even more so. Most cars in Holland are no bigger than a Prius so it leaves us limited on rides to and from the airport. Not to mention trying to navigate the airport with 3 suitcases, 2 carry on's, a couple of abandoned kids backpacks (seemed like a good idea at the time), 2 kids and a purse.
This year I thought I would try using Space Bags for the kids. Maybe, just maybe, we can get us down to 2 suitcases, albeit very heavy suitcases. My husband has Platinum status as a frequent flyer which has its perks including unlimited baggage and no weight limit so weight isn't a worry.
Using 1 extra large Space Bag, I filled the suitcase up with their clothes:



Add to this 2 winter jackets, 2 pair of boots, a few more assorted items and their special blankets and pillows. Oh yeah, I have a giant bag of gifts that need to go somewhere!

I attached my vacuum to the special hole and began sucking the air out. OMG! These clothes now take up about 1/2 of the entire suitcase instead of the whole thing! With some careful planning, I am confident that we can fit my husband's clothes in this suitcase also! Check it out:




Of course the only reason I am doing this is knowing there is a vacuum at my mother in law's house for the return trip. I am just hoping the TSA doesn't open it up to inspect. I did ask @DeltaAssist if this was allowed and was assured it was. Thankfully!

It may take 2 strong men to lift if but I do not care. God, I hope this works! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment