Thursday, November 18, 2010

Body scans + anxiety = good times

There is a lot of talk in the media this past week over the TSA and the new full body scanners at the airport. I haven't seen these personally and really do not even know what to expect. If it is anything like what we have previously had to endure at the airport, it is sure to be a field day.

The Mols going through airport security goes a little like this:

Take off a bunch of shoes, assorted belts, about 4-5 electrical devices, backpack, carry on, some illegal liquids confiscated (usually milk), a little flirting with the guard (doesn't work),then they pull us to the side for a "closer" look of my backpack. Add to this chaos a full body scan and I am SURE to piss off anyone behind me in line. In and out in no less than 30 minutes.

This is precisely why my husband strongly encourages me to take my "Happy Pills". Last year I had one of my panic attacks in the airport. This is the only place I can honestly say I have had these attacks (it has happened many times and mostly in airports). I was paying for some food at the bar where people were smoking and something triggered in me and I started shaking and crying and I couldn't figure out why I was acting this way. My husband, who flies almost weekly, thinks I am insane!

So my prediction of my annual panic attack will most likely happen when I traverse through this newly implemented security screening. Should be interesting. Let the betting pool open now. I will likely show my ass. Wish me luck.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment